Saturday, March 21, 2015

Lolita on a Budget: Mr. Yan Grab Bag

Hello everyone! So recently I decided to try getting a lucky bag (grab bag) from Bodyline. All of the defective item grab bags were sold out, so I went with the 2015 Mr. Yan Grab Bag since I wanted a coat anyways. Here's my review of what I recieved!

*Note* I appologize that quite a few of the pictures turned out blurred. I don't think I'd eaten breakfast at that point and was rather excited about the Luck Bag's arrival. Plus I wanted to open it immediately, so I kinda didn't take a lot of multiples of the same angle...

Sizing
 This grab bag is offered in two sized: 2L and M. Since I generally find myself to be a 2L measurement-wise (thank you Asian sizing for making me feel fat), I went with the 2L grab bag which promised a coat and a surprise item. Unfortunately, my shoulders are broader than average, so the coat ended up fitting a little tight around the shoulders, so I'll likely go with a larger size if possible in the future.

Shipping
 My package was sent out the day after my purchase (or at least got a tracking number assigned) and I was very surprised to find that, for once, the tracking was accurate! For those of you unfamiliar with Bodyline, many times the tracking will show "Leaving outward office of exchange" or something similar for the durration of shipping, occationally updating to show it's arrival in your country, or, if you're lucky like I was this time, actually show when the item's been delivered. All of my mail goes to a post office box that I check compulsively when I'm expecting something, so I was surprised to see that the package arrival and the tracking corresponded for once. My package arrived 16 days after the tracking date showing it was picked up (two days after recieving the tracking), well within the 2-4 week period tro be expected when ordering from Bodyline.

Arrival and Unboxing/Opening
 Like my previous package from Bodyline, my lucky pack arrived in a large, grey polymailer with the paperwork inside a clear packing label holder. The exterior was undamaged and well taped shut

Front of the package (packing slip removed)

Back of the package

After opening the outside package, I found the largest Bodyline bag I'd ever seen! The top was folded over and taped, with a little sticker reading "Fuku008," the product number for the grab bag, in the middle. The bag was mostly opaque, but I was still able to just make out a little bit of lace through it.
Ginormous Bodyline bag!

Barely visible lace showing through!
At this point, I was super excited and quickly opened up the Bodyline bag to find a beautiful coat inside as well as the much dreaded Mr. Yan Bodypillow case! I was only mildly surprised as I knew that such a thing did in fact exist and had also gotten a little impatient and managed to find an unboxing video...
Nice plastic bags around both items!
The coat was gorgeous! It has rose shaped buttons, two front pockets (They're real!), fur collar and cuffs, and a very pretty scalloped edge that ends at about knee level for me. After pulling it out of it's package and unfolding it, I also discovered that there was a little matching capelet as well! The coat is the L460 in Beg available in M, L, and 2L on Bodyline's main page (it was out of stock in almost all colors when I got this coat).
Just out of the bag!

Lying flat
The separate capelet
On my dress form without the capelet
With the capelet front view
With the capelet side view
With the capelet back view
The Mr. Yan bodypillow, which I surprisingly was able to sell shortly after posting in sales groups, was made out of a very nice, plush fabric with a picture of Mr Yan in his wizard costume on one side and his beach wear on the other side. (Pictures are only half of each side due to length.)
Dream Time...
San Francisco
Esta nocheno, duermes conmigo?
Something about "come sleep with me"
Canain? I think it's a city name like the front.

Final words
 As most of Bodyline's coats are out of stock right now (or at least when I recieved this), this was the only way to really get one of their coats. Unfortunately, I found out about the Yen trick a day or two after purchasing this, so I wasn't able to save a bit more money that way. (If you want to know how that works, I reccomend you watch this video as I have no experience buying with this method yet.) I'm very happy with the quality of the coat, which also came with an extra button on the inside tag, and look forward to future purchases from Bodyline. And for those of you wondering, this review is in no way sponsored. I bought the lucky pack entirely with my own money and was not approached by Bodyline in any way or given any discounts besides those available to all shoppers on the site (the Valentine's sale).

Check out my Facebook page: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
I'm on Twitter: @animlolicouture

No comments:

Post a Comment