Monday, March 14, 2016

Cheap, Cute Room Decor

Hello everyone! Thanks to random inspiration and a day off from work,
I finaly have a new blog post for you today! So without further ado,
let me talk about inexpensive room decor!

So, before I get into how to have a cute room inexpensively, let me
tlk about my room a little bit. Most of my friends are somewhat taken
aback when they walk into my room because when they walk in it doesn't
just feel like a dorm room like everyone else's, it feels like a home.
I'm going to be talking about how I've managed this without spending a
fortune on room decor. First things first:

#1: Use everything

If you're reading this blog, you probably collect cute stuff like me.
I have an ever growing collection of ramune bottles up on top of my
armoires along with cute containers from reed diffusers I've gotten.
Also, I am mildly addicted to blind boxes right now, so anytime I get
a new one, I keep the parts of the box with an interesting design and
arrange them in frames like in the pictures below. I've also done the
same with a cute bag, business cards and notes from online trades and
purchases, and stickers. Even if you don't have cute tags and such,
you can get some really cute wrapping paper from the Dollar Tree or a
similar place and cut out pieces to make into a collage in a frame.
Most of the frames I own are either from the Dollar Tree (everything
is $1) or a Dollar General (everything is reasonably priced, usually
$5 or below for a lot of items). Even though they're kinda boring and
plain, I can use them as-is, or change them up.

 Which brings me to my
next tip:

#2: Paint is your friend

Don't like the color of something? PAINT IT! I personally use acrylic
paint on just about everything I don't like the color on. I have an
earing holder, a frame, a thrifted shelf, and even my corkboard
painted so that they aren't just boring colors. Paint is great because
it's not too expensive, can be used on a lot of items, can be mixed to
make new colors, and is great for personalization since everything you
paint will be one of a kind!



#3: Accessorize your room
Many of us into alternative fashion have a similar problem: Lots of
cute accessories to store. (Even mainstream fashion wearers do, just
usually not as bulky of items.) So here's my third tip for decorating:
Use your accessories as decor. One of the biggest things I've had to
learn about living in a dorm room is to store as many things as
possible vertically since I only have so much floor and dresser top
space. Because of this, a lot of my accessories can be seen hanging on
my walls. Even if you don't have a lot of money, you can still make
cute things for your room. I personally have a cheap belt hanger
holding up all of my collars with a headbow on top, a little ribbon
holder that I got with a bunch of bows at the Dollar General, and a
bunch of stick-on hooks holding my hats up on my walls right now as
well as some other things.

I also have my jewelry displayed or in cute
storage things on top of my dresser, all of which were bought
inexpensively, thrifted, or have  been owned for many years.


I hope you all have fun decorating your rooms! Be sure to check out my
other social media:
Find me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
WatashiWaChoCho
Check out my shop: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment