Saturday, November 26, 2016

Lolita 52 Challenge: 3 Trends I Wish Would Come Back

Hello everyone! Here again with another Lolita 52 Challenge topic. This week's topic is 3 trends I wish would come back.


#1: Rocking horse shoes
 Back when I first got into Lolita, rocking horse shoes were all the rage. Anymore you rarely see rocking horse shoes outside of Old School Lolita coordinates. I really love the dreamy, floating look they can give coordinates as well as the fact that the shoes are technically flat, just with platforms, so they aren't as hard on your feet as heels can be.


#2: Black and white pieces
 Again, in the olden days of Lolita when I joined, white eyelet lace on an otherwise entirely black dress was trendy. I've always loved the look and my love for Gothic Lolita is centered on that style. Unfortunately due to poor quality lace and fabric, white on black looks have become labeled as Ita, or just plain terrible. Because of this, many newer Lolitas avoid the look entirely for fear of being looked down on in the community.


#3: Non-print based designs
 Prints have been extremely popular for the last several years of Lolita fashion and frankly, I'm kinda tired of them. While I don't completely hate prints like I used to, I miss seeing new designs that focus more on the cut and detailing of the dress rather than using the same general design with a different print each release. While the silhouette of Lolita generally tends to be the same, there's plenty of different skirt and bodice designs to be explored. I miss seeing dresses with tiered skirts, or sweetheart necklines, or bustle style overskirts.


Do you miss any of these trends in Lolita? Are there any you'd like to see come back that I didn't mention? Let me know in the comments!


Go like and follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to me on Youtube: WatashiWaChoCho
See my shameless spamming: @ChoChoButterfly
 Peruse my wares: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

1 comment:

  1. I actually really love rocking shoes, something so charming about them.

    ReplyDelete