Saturday, November 5, 2016

Lolita 52 Challenge: Why Don't I Wear Lolita More Often?

Hello everyone! Today I'm back with another Lolita 52 Challenge topic: Why don't I wear Lolita more often? Let's get started!


 So, the simple and boring answer to this question is, money. Technically work too. So I currently work a full time job where I'm required to dress a certain way and sadly Lolita does not fit into those requirements. Because of this, I can only really wear Lolita on weekends, the rare off days during the week I have, or after work. This is the main reason I really don't wear Lolita. Contributing reasons I don't wear Lolita too often are wardrobe size, budget, and energy levels. Generally when I get off work I'm pretty lazy and just want to change into some cute room wear (nightgowns, PJ style clothing, things I can't wear outside) and cuddle up on my couch to watch YouTube videos. Sometimes I manage to put some simple clothing on and go out and run errands after work, but usually I don't feel like putting together a full Lolita coord when I'm only going to wear it around the house or Target. On weekends I generally have more time to dress up and wear Lolita or other J-Fashions, so that's the main time I wear Lolita. Wardroe limitations are another problem I have with wearing Lolita regularly. For nicer Lolita pieces I currently have one OP, one JSK, a few skirts, and a few white blouses, so my choices are pretty limited. I also have some pieces I can use for a Lolita-esque look and a few pieces that are simpler pieces, but I'm pretty lacking in variety in accessories and non-main pieces like shoes and blouses, so I'm pretty much wearing the same looks all the time. The main reason I have a limited wardrobe is the first thing I mentioned: money. Between furniture, bills, and food, I don't have as much free money as I used to have. Due to this it's a bit difficult for me to get new items in and when I do I try to make sure it's something that works with what I already have. This means it's difficult to try new styles or colors without having to save up for a whole outfit (main piece, blouse, accessories, shoes, bag, legwear etc) which can be expensive, even when buying from Bodyline. I also have to budget my money between Lolita, other J-Fashions, and niceties and décor for my apartment, most of which can be less expensive and more easily found than Lolita, so I haven't been spending as much on Lolita recently. Lastly is just size and taste. It can be difficult for me to find pieces that suit my style and fit me well, so adding to my wardrobe takes a fair amount of research and general searching on the internet.


Do you wear Lolita or another J-Fashion? What are some of the reasons you don't wear it more often? Let me know in the comments!


Go like and follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to me on Youtube: WatashiWaChoCho
See my shameless spamming: @ChoChoButterfly
 Peruse my wares: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment