Saturday, May 23, 2015

First Impressions: Ergo Proxy

Hello everyone! So a while ago I was browsing through Imgur (no, I don't have an account) and came across one of the many "These shows/animes/movies are AWESOME!" posts. Among the animes listed was one I'd seen gifs and images for previously, so I decided to try watching Ergo Proxy!



 As of writing this article, I'd only watched the first episode, so there's certainly a chance that the show will develop more than what I've seen. I've been watching quite a few animes set in a darker tone, so I ended up switching back to Pretty Cure (Precure) after the first episode, otherwise I probably would have watched more episodes. First off, I have to say the art style is simply gorgeous in this anime. I'd seen pictures of the main character (at least I presume she is) with her vivid blue eye makeup in a world thet's mostly black, grey, and muted colors before, but I'd never figured out the anime's name until recently. However, I was slightly disappointed with how the first episode was layed out. Too many characters were introduced at once, making it difficult to tell who exactly is the main character as well as what is going on. While I expect animes to have a full cast as well as some mystery to the story, I feel Erogo Proxy's first episode could have maybe been divided to show one character's point of view at a time, similar to how Soul Eater introduces each of the initial teams in their own episode, then procedes to introduce more characters over the course of the show. Despite this, I'd be willing to give Ergo Proxy a second chance to see if it gets more congruent in later episodes.


Check out my shop! animelolitacouture.storenvy.com
I have a Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
And a Twitter: @animlolicouture

2 comments:

  1. It's not a very straightforward show. The art is fantastic though.
    There's a lot of "deep thought" trying to happen but it always seems to get lost.
    I enjoyed it, though I have a hard time recommending it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's the impression I was getting from it. Very pretty art though. Definitely agree on that point.

    ReplyDelete