Saturday, May 2, 2015

Three Lolita Trends I Could Never Get Into

Hello everyone! Today I'm going to be using an older Lolita Blog Carnival topic: Three Lolita trends I could never get into. I originally read this on F Yeah Lolita' blog (Links to other blogs are on there too). So without further ado...

#1: Bonnets
 I've never been much of a fan of bonnets in general and Lolita is not much different for me. While they can look cute in certain coords, I just really don't like the shape. I much prefer the head eating bows and rectangle headresses. Granted, I'm not much of a hat person in general, so I might be slightly biased...

#2: Scepters
 While they can look cute and are certainly a fun decoration, I've never really gotten into scepters. Despite being Brand in a lot of cases, they look kinda like something you'd pick up at a party store for a little kid's costume to me. I can kinda see using them in a very OTT Hime Coord, I don't really like how they look in most Lolita coords as they come across as costume-y to me.

#3: Chocolate Prints
 While most people absolutely adore chocolate, I am cursed with tastebuds that do not like chocolate. So in a way, chocolate prints are a bit of a smack in the face for me of deliciousness I can never enjoy. I can see why they're considered cute by many, but I personally just don't much care for the browns and tans (like with chocolate cookie prints) that are frequent in these styles.

So there you have it! Three Lolita trends I'm just not that in to.

Check me out on Twitter: @animlolicouture
Follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho

No comments:

Post a Comment