Saturday, September 3, 2016

Lolita 52 Challenge: 5 Movies for Lolitas

Hello everyone! I'm back again with another Lolita 52 challenge topic: 5 movies for Lolitas. There's a few movies on here I'm sure many of us are familiar with and I hope you all enjoy my suggestions. To be honest, this list was rather difficult for me since a lot of the movies I watch are action flicks and Vin Diesel isn't exactly Lolita material...


#1: Kamikaze Girl
 Who'da guessed, right? Kamikaze girl has become synonymous with the Lolita fashion in a lot of ways due to its popularity and wacky cast of characters. For those who have yet to see it, Kamikaze Girl is a Japanese movie about a strange girl named Momoko who falls in love with the Lolita style and decided to wear it all the time. In order to afford all her Brand though, she has to be creative with how she makes money which eventually leads to her attempting to sell some boot-leg apparel her father has left over from years prior. In response to her ads, a biker girl named Ichigo comes to buy some of the merchandise and in the end the two of them become friends. To read my full review of Kamikaze Girl, click here!


#2: Mister Rococo
 Mr. Rococo is a cute indie film about a girl named Yuri who grew up surrounded by cute things and wanting to be a princess. Her life is changed when she meets and begins to date a man named Neko Hiroshi, a comedian and former companion for a wrestler. One day though things go terribly wrong for Yuri when Hiroshi confesses to her that he prefers big, muscular women and breaks up with her. Wrought with grief, Yuri makes a life changing choice in order to extract her revenge on Hiroshi and try to get him back.


#3: Zootopia
 While less Lolita themed than my previous two suggestions, Zootopia is an adorable movie that shouldn't be overlooked. Zootopia is the story of Judy Hopps, a bunny, who decides when she grows up she wants to be a police officer, which with hard work and dedication she achieves. Sorta. Due to her being a bunny, many other animals don't take her seriously and as such she's on her own when she manages to get a tough case that no one else has been able to crack over the course of two weeks. With the help of a street-savvy fox named Nick Wilde, she's able to uncover the truth behind the case and saves the day. I'll be writing a full review of Zootopia soon since it is kinda one of my favorite movies right now. (I totally didn't accidentally buy the disk the day it came out then proceed to watch it five times over the following week. Not at all.)


#4: My Fair Lady
 I might be biased since I watched this movie many a time while growing up (It was my mom's favorite), I feel this is a very lovely movie for not only the story, but the music, the acting, and the costumes. My Fair Lady is the story of a young, uncultured lady, Miss Eliza Doolittle, who is taken in by a phonetics professor after he makes a wager with one of his colleagues. The wager: Take a flower girl and make her presentable in high society. The story follows Eliza as she goes through an intensive course designed by the professor to correct her speech, posture, and demeanor so that he can eventually present her to the high class world and try to pass her off as more than just the humble flower girl she is. The costumes in this movie are simply lovely and the talent of the actors in the musical numbers.


#5: 13 Going on 30
 Since I ran out of Lolita-esque movies I know of very quickly, I decided to put one of my favorite chick flicks as my last suggestion. 13 Going on 30 is the story of a 13 year old girl named Jenna Rink who is obsessed with fashion and a magazine targeted at 30-something women. The movie begins with Jenna's 13th birthday party, to which she's invited the "cool kids" from school and her childhood best friend, Matt Flamhaff. Matt gives Jenna a personalized dream house with wishing dust, which she quickly stows in a closet she later ends up in to play "7 minutes of heaven" with her cool kid crush. However, it turns out the cool kids ditched her party and it's instead Matt, which she's really upset about. She ends up crying by herself in the closet saying "I wish I was 30, flirty, and thriving" as some of the wishing dust drifts down on her. When Jenna wakes up, she finds that she IS 30 now, she has a hot boyfriend, an amazing wardrobe, and, best of all, a job at her favorite magazine! However, life isn't as amazing as Jenna thinks at first and she quickly comes to realize just what sort of person 30 year old her had become. 13 Going on 30 is a really cute and fun movie and I enjoyed it a lot when I watched it.


So that's it, my five movie recommendations for Lolitas. Which movies have you guys seen? Would you recommend any different ones? Let me know!


Go Like and follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to me on Youtube: ButterflyChan
Peruse my wares: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment