Saturday, September 24, 2016

Lolita 52 Challenge: My Favorite Thing to Put on my Head

Hello everyone! Today I'm writing about another topic on the Lolita 52 Challenge: Favorite thing to put on my head. Let's go!


 So in the world of Lolita fashion, there are lots of different things you can put on your head: Wigs, bows, hats, bonnets, roses, and clips, to name a few. There's also less common things such as veils, crowns and tiaras, and animal ears. So with so many things to choose from, what do I like sticking on my head when I wear Lolita, or even just in J-fashion. And the answer quite simply is, bows. Small bows, head-eating bows, lacy bows, themed bows, I just love bows. I have a fairly large collection ranging from my giant AP Jewelry Jelly headbow to Steven Universe themed bows to small, thrifted alligator clip bows.


Now with that being said, what's my least favorite type of headgear? Hats and bonnets. I've tried many a time to work hats into my wardrobe, especially for Winter time, but I just don't like how they look on me. It might be because I've got fairly fine, short hair right now (even when it was long, it was still very fine), so having a wig on under a hat might make hats more feasible for me should I try them in the future. I've also never really cared for how bonnets look, though I can appreciate that they look good in certain outfits they're just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment