Saturday, September 17, 2016

Lolita 52 Challenge: What my Own Lolita Lifestyle is Like

Hello everyone! Today I've got another topic from the Lolita 52 Challenge: What my own Lolita lifestyle is like. This will be a little bit interesting since I am not a Lolita lifestyler per se and generally only wear Lolita once a week to church or to meetups, so let's see what I come up with.




 To start with, lets talk a bit about Lolita lifestylers. Generally if someone is considered a lifestyle Lolita they wear Lolita the majority of the time, have Lolita-esque décor, and lead a life befitting of a Lolita (antique shopping, afternoon teas, purikura, etc.). A few popular people that can be or have been considered lifestyle Lolitas are Pixielocks in her earlier days on YouTube, Lovely Lor a few years ago, Princess Peachie, and Lillith Gray.




 Now let's talk about me. while I do wear Lolita, it's not my daily fashion (I generally wear other more casual J-Fashions when I'm not working). Generally when I do wear Lolita, my coordinates are kinda rushed and thrown together as I am terrible at getting up early enough to properly put together an outfit, much less accessorize when I wear Lolita to church and I haven't had the time or money to go to Lolita meets recently. I definitely would like to add more Lolita pieces to my wardrobe and wear it more often, but it's going to take time, budgeting, and prioritizing.  While I don't dress in Lolita very often, I still enjoy a lot of things associated with Lolita. My apartment is a mix between kawaii or Japanese style cute and elegant touches such as an antique styled phone and dresser. I also have my pastel themed wardrobe, including my Lolita pieces, on full display in my bedroom.


 Day-to-day I don't really have a very defined Lolita befitting routine outside of the occasional bath bomb and my regular skincare routine. I try to upkeep my nails, but due to my job I can't have elaborate manicures and generally break my nails if I grow them out. I do have hobbies such as sewing, crafting, harp, and drawing that suit the Lolita lifestyle though. I grew up knowing some handicrafts, though cosplay and Lolita are my main reasons for learning how to sew more than doll dresses. I started learning harp a while back because I have an appreciation for classical and harp music and decided to learn a less commonly played instrument, so I guess that could be considered maybe a more Classic Lolita sort of interest?


To be honest, I really don't have a super Lolita based or inspired lifestyle as most of my inspiration comes from lots of different kawaii and J-fashion sources, Lolita included, as well as just life-long trends such as making use of what I have available to create things I like and being relatively thrifty and creative. This article was pretty difficult for me to write, so I hope it isn't too confusing and tangential for you guys.


Go like and follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to me on Youtube: WatashiWaChoCho
Peruse my wares: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment