Saturday, January 7, 2017

Lolita 52 Challenge: 10 Facts About my Lolita Wardrobe

Hello everyone! Today I'm back with another Lolita 52 Challenge: 10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe. It was pretty hard coming up with 10 things, TBH, but here they are nonetheless.


#1: It smol
 As I mention over and over again, I have a fairly small Lolita wardrobe with only a few main pieces and a few more basic pieces. I am still working on building my Lolita wardrobe and I have a finite amount of time to shop and plan as well as money to use on items, so it's not progressing as fast as I would like.


#2: Most of my pieces are L or 2L
 Due to size differences between Japanese people and American people, I generally find myself ordering a large or extra large size when buying from brands. I'm by no means obese or even especially fat (though I am a bit chubby), but due to my frame and build, I will never be able to wear a smaller size like what a Japanese girl might wear.


#3: Pastel e'rething
 I love bright, cheerful, pastel colors and as a result the majority of my Lolita wardrobe is pastel. Pastel jewelry, pastel shoes, pastel dresses, etc. I have a couple Gothic Lolita pieces, but I don't wear them as often.


#4: Serious lack of wristcuffs
 I love the look of wristcuffs and they are also very popular nowadays as an accessory and yet I have all of one set I made that's more suited to Fairy Kei or Decora coordinates than Lolita due to their simplicity.


#5: Do plushies count as clothes?
 I have a lot of plushies, especially plushies on keychains, that I use to accessorize my room and my bags. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to really use them in a coordinate, but I think it could be fun!


#6: I wear 2 out of 20 pairs of shoes I own
 I might be exaggerating just a bit, but I generally wear the same two pairs of teaparties with my coordinates as I only have one pair of pink and white ones and one black pair. I occasionally will wear my non-Lolita shoes with a coordinate, like my combat boots on a rainy day or my sandals on a warmer day, but for the most part I don't wear a lot of the shoes I have.


#7: There's a lot of cool tones
 On top of everything being pastel, most of my wardrobe's blue toned. Be it mint, light blue, or purple, I don't have a lot of pink or any yellow pieces in my wardrobe. As I mentioned in my Rosa Hermetica review, I did try to get a pink dress, but due to a miscommunication I ended up with the purple colorway instead.


#8: Not well suited for the cold
 When Winter first started blowing in this year, it hit me full force how unprepared for cold weather my wardrobe is. Especially since I got rid of some long sleeved tees I had gotten, which in hindsight wasn't the smartest idea. I have some cardigans and a coat, but with as frigid as the wind gets where I live, that's definitely not gonna be enough.


#9: All my blouses look the same
 I have three short sleeved, white/off-white blouses and despite them having different details, they all kinda look the same under a JSK. I'm thinking I might try dying the one I stained if I can get the stains out with bleach or a color remover so I can have a pink blouse or something.


#10: Contrary to popular belief, I didn't make it all.
 A lot of my friends and folks who know me know that I am capable of sewing, so a lot of people just assume I make everything I wear. In reality, only three clothing pieces in my Lolita wardrobe were handmade by me. And two of them are my petticoats. ^^;;


Well, that was a lot harder than I anticipated. What are some facts about your wardrobe, Lolita or otherwise? Let me know in the comments!


Go like and follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to me on Youtube: WatashiWaChoCho
See my shameless spamming: @ChoChoButterfly
 Peruse my wares: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment