Saturday, January 21, 2017

Lolita 52 Challenge: Trends I Love and Hate

Hey everyone! Today I'll be talking about two Lolita 52 challenge topics at once: Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love and trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on.


To be perfectly honest, I haven't really followed a lot of trends in Lolita as I generally to avoid spending too much time in online groups due to drama. Because of this, I'm combining both of these topics together so they're longer than one sentence each...


So for a trend I never thought I would get into but I now love, I have to say prints. While I'm still not a huge fan of prints and miss the simplicity and elegance of dresses relying on details in design rather than a different print on the same basic dress, I definitely appreciate and wear prints a lot more than when I first got into Lolita. I used to absolutely loathe the whole idea of prints, but secretly I've kinda always liked them, as evidenced by my first brand made dream dress being Angelic Pretty's Jewelry Jelly. As for a trend I used to love but now hate, the only thing that really comes to mind is super chunky or blocky shoes. I'm not saying rocking horse shoes or shoes with thick heels, I'm talking Demonia platform boots or shoes with platforms that are bulkier than the shoe itself combined with Lolita. I used to love this look in my ita days as I didn't know better and since it was more "in" back then, but now I feel it just looks ridiculous having super bulky shoes with an elegant outfit.


Are there any trends you used to like that you now hate or vice versa? Lolita or otherwise, let me know in the comments below!


Go like and follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to me on Youtube: WatashiWaChoCho
See my shameless spamming: @ChoChoButterfly
 Peruse my wares: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment