Saturday, January 14, 2017

Lolita 52 Challenge: My First Meetup

Hello everyone! Today I'm going to be talking about my first meetup. I thought I'd already written a post on this, but I must have lost inspiration and never finished it... So without any further ado, here's my experience from my first Lolita meetup!


 So, while I've been into Lolita fashion for quite a few years now, I didn't go to an official Lolita meetup until fairly recently. I was living in a different area from where I grew up and hadn't really met any Lolitas in 'the wild' or at cons. Fortunately I'd managed to find the local Lolita communities on Facebook, so I was able to find out when meetups were happening. After about a month, I finally found a meetup that I wasn't working during and that I could drive to. Since I was unfamiliar with the area, I didn't realize that the meetup was in the city and only had my GPS to rely on to get to the meetup. I was fortunate that even though I was kinda late to the meetup, I was easily able to find everyone else at the tea shop we were meeting at and was just in time to look through the menu and decide what I wanted to order. I'm not really a fan of tea, so I decided to try what the waitress recommended since I haven't really tried a lot of different varieties before. I kinda wish I had ordered something iced, because I ended up having a pot of tea I didn't really drink much of until it cooled down a bit. Everything else was wonderful though! We all got the same set that came with a few little deserts, some sandwiches, and a scone. Everyone was really nice too. I wasn't too talkative since I had just met everyone, but I still made friends and had a fun time. After tea, we all took coord pictures and then headed off to a paint your own pottery place. I accidentally went to the wrong one first, but the people there were able to direct me to the correct place and everyone else was already there, thankfully! I hadn't gotten anyone's number at that point and didn't have data on my phone, so I wouldn't have been able to contact anyone if I'd gotten lost. We all had fun choosing and painting our own pottery pieces, after which we all said goodbye and went our separate ways. I really had a lot of fun meeting everyone and keep in contact with them through Facebook as well as occasionally see them at events, so I'm really glad I decided to go!


Have you ever been to a Lolita meetup? Was it at a convention, or did a friend bring you along? What was your first experience meeting other Lolitas in an organized event? Let me know in the comments!


Go like and follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to me on Youtube: WatashiWaChoCho
See my shameless spamming: @ChoChoButterfly
 Peruse my wares: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment