Saturday, January 28, 2017

Why Don't I Cosplay More?

Hello everyone! Today I decided to do a twist on one of the Lolita 52 Challenge topics I did: Why don't I wear Lolita more? Instead of Lolita, I'll be talking about why I don't cosplay more since that was supposed to be one of the main points for my Facebook page. So let's go!


#1: Time and money
 In case you haven't already noticed, time and money are big limiting factors in my life. I work full time which gives me a steady paycheck, but then by the time I get home from work I have chores and errands to run as well as procrastination to do which takes up a fairly large portion of my time. And then between bills and miscellaneous expenses *cough*impulse buys and thrift store raids*cough* I don't have a lot of extra money to put towards buying pre-made cosplays or materials for handmade ones.


#2: Procrastinaaaatioooooon!
 I procrastinate a lot when it comes to starting or working on sewing projects, even simple ones, because I hate cleaning up my floor, ironing fabric, and laying out and cutting the pattern pieces. I don't mind the sewing that much, but y'know, my machine's kinda buried and oh hey distraction.


#3: Venues
 I don't get the opportunity to go to conventions or meetups very often, so I don't really have a ton of places to wear my cosplays to outside of the grocery store or Target and let's face it: I get asked what my costume's for when I'm in J-fashion enough as it is. I'm not really confident enough to have professional pictures taken of most of my cosplays since they're rather simple or unfinished, so I don't have opportunities to wear them outside of cons either.


#4: Number of cosplays
 To be perfectly honest, I only really have a handful of cosplays. And I don't have all of the pieces for some of them such as wigs or base pieces. And some are still just piles of fabric and patterns sitting in my room waiting to be turned into a cosplay. So I really only have two cosplays I can wear, and those still have some work to be done on them.


Do you guys cosplay? What stops you from cosplaying more or at all if you want to, but don't? Let me know in the comments below!


Go like and follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/CelesteChoCho
Subscribe to me on Youtube: WatashiWaChoCho
See my shameless spamming: @ChoChoButterfly
 Peruse my wares: animelolitacouture.storenvy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment